1. All artwork must be the original work of the displaying artist. No proxy exhibitors, dealers or agents are permitted.
2. An artist may not exhibit in any other art show on the same dates as the Montauk show.
3. The work of only one artist may be displayed in each assigned space, with the exception of artist teams or collaborators.
4. Artist teams and / or collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor; however, such a team may not consist of more than two (2) people and the team must be clearly noted on the application. Both artists must be present throughout the show. No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted.
5. Buy / sell vendors are prohibited.
6. Artists may exhibit artwork only in the category in which they are accepted.
7. Artwork will not be permitted if it is created from molds, kits or other commercial methods.
8. Artwork produced in studios involved in volume production will not be permitted, nor will work that is mass produced in combination with items created from original handcrafted pieces. The Event Director reserves the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show.
9. Art made from ready made items like clothing, commercially dyed material or furniture with painted, dyed or batiked embellishments will not be accepted.
10. All developing and printing of images must be done by the artist or under the direct supervision of the artist.
11. The booth areas must look professional at all times.
AT THE EVENT
1. The artist must be present all days of the event.
2. All artwork must be for sale.
3. All work must be signed.
4. All artists are required to check in at the SHOW DESK with a photo I.D. The police have rules for unloading. Avoid parking tickets. Pick up the parking information at registration. Parking for participants is on ERIE STREET between the brick tower and the soccer field, one block north of the Green. Anyone leaving their vehicle at the Green will be told to move it. Immediate response is expected. Those who don't will risk future participation. The show hours are Friday noon - 6PM, Saturday 10 AM - 6 PM and Sunday 10 AM -6 PM. Artists may see buyers after hours on Saturday. (See # 8 and # 9.)
5. No animals are allowed in or around the artists’ booths.
6. Displaying ribbons from other shows is forbidden.
7. Artists must maintain the booth for the entire event. If items sell out, the artists can maintain the booth with one or more of the following: displaying portfolio pictures and/ or show room Samples, or by retaining sold work for delivery after the event.
8. ANY ARTISTS CLOSING THEIR BOOTH PRIOR TO THE END OF THE SHOW WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RETURN THE NEXT DAY OR IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS.
9. NO VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED ON THE SHOW GROUNDS until all of the general public have departed. This is a safety requirement and will be strictly monitored.
10. TAX FORMS: The Certificate of Authority - DTF - 17 is required by the State of New York and may be ordered by calling 1 800 462 8100 or from www.tax.state.ny.us
REPRODUCTION POLICY AND ARTIST STATEMENT
1. Fine Art Reproductions of original paintings, pastels, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited if they are limited editions, numbered and signed by the artist.
2. All unframed reproductions must be in a print bin.
3. Artists must keep their artwork and storage within their allotted space.
4. No laser prints or color photocopies will be permitted.
5. No posters, T-shirts, calendars, cards/postcards or other personal merchandise that is a mass reproduction of an original piece of artwork will be permitted in exhibitor booths.